Whistle Punk Farm Food Truck
New for 2019, Whistle Punk Farm now offers mobile food concessions with our licensed food trailer! We will be serving up true farm to fork style foods made from locally sourced meats, dairy, veggies, and fruits from farmers in Washington and Frederick counties. Come on out and get some delicious food made with love while supporting your local sustainable farms!
Whistle Punk Farm produces these ingredients/items for our food truck:
- Eggs- Our eggs are produced by chickens who enjoy free ranging through forests and pasture eating grasses, legumes, berries, and bugs. They are supplemented with feed free from GMOs, antibiotics, or growth hormones and return to the “egg house” to lay eggs daily. You will enjoy a colorful pallete of brown, green, blue, and white eggs with deep orange yolks! We do not provide our chickens with artificial lights to enhance their production numbers, so their production does naturally decline in the winter months.
- Chicken- We raise a variety of heritage chickens on pasture and woodlands. Our chickens free range throughout our property, only returning to a coop at night to protect them against predators. If you visit them farm, you will likely be greeted by our friendly, happy gals.
- Pork- We raise Heritage pigs on pasture and woodlands. Approximately 75% of their diet comes from grasses, legumes, brassicas, acorns, fruits, veggies, apple pomace, and bugs. We supplement a small amount of locally grown non-GMO grains to give them a nutritionally balanced diet. We offer prepackaged sausage, bacon, chops, loins, etc. We also offer whole and half hog options for customers who want the highest quality product for a discounted bulk price!
- Beef- We produce a very small amount of beef to support our family and food truck needs. Our beef is raised on pasture and supplemented with a small amount of local, non-GMO grains which produces an awesome flavor!
- Berries- We grow organic strawberries, wineberries, raspberries, and blackberries throughout our property. When we aren’t free foraging on these yummy berries, we are making homemade marinades such as wineberry-jalapeno
- Baked Goods- We baked a variety of single serve pies, tarts, cobblers, muffins, pretzels, breads, etc using fresh, seasonal fruits and herbs.
Whistle Punk Farm Food Truck purchases these ingredients from local farms:
- Produce- We purchase a variety of seasonal fruits, herbs, and vegetables from local, sustainable farms in Washington and Frederick counties. We believe it’s important to support small sustainable farms in our community who are dedicated to producing the highest quality foods.
- Beef- We purchase much of our beef from local farms because we do not produce enough to meet the quantity needed for our food truck. We select producers who raise their animals humanely; animals are treated with respect, fed high quality grains, given full access to sun, lush pasture, and not raised in a feedlot environment. Meat purchased will always be free from antibiotics!
- Pork- Yes, you read that right, even though we produce pasture and woodland raised and grazed pork, we sometimes need to supplement our food truck’s needs with pork produced by other local farmers. We purchase heritage pork from local farms who raise their animals humanely and feed local, non-GMO grains.
- Cheese- We use local cheese on our signature meals.
- Coffee- We work with a few local roasters who produce outstanding coffee beans for your sipping pleasure!
The Whistle Punk Farm Food Truck menu changes constantly based on what ingredients are in season. You will always know where your food comes from when you purchase a meal from our food truck; we provide a chalkboard highlighting the farm names and ingredients provided for every event we attend!
Need a food truck for your next personal or community event? Looking for a way to drive attendance at your next fundraising event? Contact us at 240-818-9296 and let the Whistle Punk Farm Food Truck help you!